St Patrick’s Day
St Patrick’s Day was this past weekend, but today was still a good day to celebrate Ireland and Irish music on Ramblers’ Retreat. Because the Irish experience is important in America, including for those of us in the American West, I was really pleased to have found a number of Irish songs from local musicians, native Idahoans, and others from the Intermountain West. I thought those songs mixed well with the pieces I played from Irish artists. A few highlights are listed below.
I also mixed some new music from Denmark, Finland, Colorado, and New Mexico. As always, the full playlist is posted.
- Rosalie Sorrels: “The Bells of Ireland”
- Will Williams: “Patty On The Turnpike”
- Growling Old Men: “Crooked Jack”
- Reckless Kelly: “Seven Nights In Eire”
- Trip McCool: “Ireland, Oh Ireland”
Here’s a video of Reckless Kelly performing “Seven Night In Eire,” a song written by Willy Braun, Muzzy Braun, and Pinto Bennett.